Thursday, February 23, 2006

Reaction to the Samarra Bombing

Here's a sample of the reaction to the Samarra Bombing from various (mostly Shii) message boards and fora that I've translated. There's lots more where that came from. I'll write more about this apalling event later.

[ Link ]

Update

I'm in the process of finishing a posting on this now. However I've received a lot of requests for basic information.

To meet this need I've created a background briefing that explains in very broad terms the significance of the Shrine, and the significance of the timing of the bombing. I've aimed it at people who may be a bit unclear about such matters as the difference between Sunni and Shia or who want a refresher on it.

I Hope this helps.

The link to the briefing page is here

mfi

23:27 23/02/2006