|Aswat al Iraq:|
Iraq-Security (Highlights) 2Peace Takes Courage:
Security developments in Iraq
Baghdad, Dec 21, (VOI) – Main security developments in Iraq on Thursday:Baaquba – The Baaquba public hospital received 20 bodies that had been found in different parts of the city, a medical source in the Diala health department said.Iraq-Security (Highlights) 2Security developments in IraqBaghdad, Dec 21, (VOI) – Main security developments in Iraq on Thursday:
- Baaquba – The Baaquba public hospital received 20 bodies that had been found in different parts of the city, a medical source in the Diala health department said.
- Baghdad – Iraqi and Multi-National forces killed seven gunmen and arrested three in Jebinat near Baaquba in operations in which an Iraqi soldier was killed and seven others were wounded.
- Hit – A land mine planted by gunmen exploded at a U.S armored vehicle east of Hit town in Anbar province, destroying it, eyewitnesses said.
- Mosul – An employee was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in southwestern Mosul, while an unidentified body was found in the north part of the town.
- Kirkuk – Telecommunications between Kirkuk and Mosul were cut due to sabotage on telephone lines between the two northern Iraqi cities, an official source in Kirkuk telecommunication department said.
- Karbalaa –Two gunmen shot dead an ex-member of the now-dissolved Baath party in central Karbalaa, eyewitnesses said.
- Kirkuk – A security official in Kurdistan Democratic Party was wounded when an explosive device went off at his motorcade in southern Kirkuk, a security source said.
- Baghdad- One person was killed and two others wounded when a home-made bomb exploded south of Baghdad, witnesses said.
- Ramadi – U.S. troops killed two people in the western city of Ramadi as a siege continued on the western district of Theela.
- Moqdadiya – Two bodyguards of the deputy governor of Diala province were killed during an armed attack in central Moqdadiya, northeast of Baaquba.
- Mosul – Two civilians were wounded when an explosive charge blew up at a U.S. army patrol southwest of Mosul while gunmen in a car killed a civilian west of the city.
- Amara – A former member of the dissolved Baath party was killed by gunmen in central Amara, witnesses said.
It's one week before Christmas. 2,948 American families will be missing a family member this Christmas due to this immoral war in Iraq. According to a recent study it is estimated that around 650,000 Iraqis have also died since the war begin. This Christmas we need to all take time out of our busy holiday schedules to think about those who have been killed in the Iraq war. It is up to us to make sure that this coming year brings many changes to help get our country back on track. Christmas celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ - who taught love, compassion, understanding, and most of all PEACE. Let this holiday remind us that peace is a possible goal and that we have much work to do in order to achieve it.
Posted on 18 Dec 2006 by Ava
She has the windows media player file here
or you can watch it on youtube.
Or you can watch it here:
I have a lot of respect for her - she is very brave.
Site News: I will not be able to make any postings today. I think Sabah is due to make the posting but I haven't been able to contact him to confirm.