|Iraq-Security (Main Items of The Day) : December 25th 2006: Aswat al Iraq:|
- Samawa – Two policemen were killed and 13 others wounded in armed clashes in the Iraqi towns of Samawa and Rumaytha as the local government in Samawa insisted on disarming Mahdi Army militia, eyewitnesses said. More than 40 people were killed or wounded in Samawa on Sunday in heated clashes between Mahdi army and Iraqi police forces.
- Baghdad – Four Iraqi civilians were killed and 18 others wounded in a suicide bombing inside a bus in east Baghdad, a security source said.
- Baghdad – Baghdad police patrols found 29 unidentified bodies in different parts of Baghdad during the last 24 hours, a police source said on Monday.
- Ramadi – A suicide bomber blew himself up at a police checkpoint in Anbar University in Ramadi town, killing five people including four policemen and wounding five others, a security source in the western Iraqi province of Anbar said.
- Baghdad – A gunman was killed and three others suspected to be members of al-Qaeda group were arrested in Baiji town, Salah Eddin province, the U.S. army in Iraq said.
- Falluja – Unidentified gunmen attacked a U.S. patrol in central Falluja, damaging one of its vehicles, a security source said.
- Baghdad – Three U.S. soldiers were killed and two others wounded in separate military operations in Baghdad and the western Iraqi province of Anbar, the U.S. army in Iraq said.
- Karbala – A new batch of 73 bodies arrived in the Shiite-sacred town of Karbala for burial as nobody claimed them from Baghdad forensic department, a security source in Karbala said.
- Basra – Gunmen kidnapped three bank employees in the southern Iraqi city of Basra along with one billion dinars ($667,000) of the bank’s money, a security source in Basra said.
- Falluja – A U.S. hummer vehicle was destroyed in a roadside bomb explosion in the southern Iraqi village of Alous, but it was not immediately clear if there were casualties.
- Baaquba – One Iraqi soldier was killed and four others wounded when an explosive charge went off at an Iraqi army patrol in Diala province, a security source said.