Sunday, August 06, 2006

Barbara Thou Shoulds't Be With Us At This Hour

Don't even think of posting a comment telling me how shocked you are. To absolutely nobody's surprise both the Lebanese and the Syrians have flat out rejected the current draft. I have no idea why anybody least of all the French thought it had even the remotest chance of being accepted.

I wonder who's going to "relieve" the IDF once they hit the Litani.

The deal offered by Lebanon was a generous negotiating position. The IDF command should have told Olmert to take the deal that was on offer and got out while they could save some face. It's been a hectic few days what with one thing and another and I feel I deserve a rest today. So I'm going curl up on the sofa and start re-reading for the umpteenth time Barbara Tuchman's wonderful book "The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam" she was one clued in woman. If you've never read her IMO it's one of her best books. But then my nature and my experiences as a peacekeeper have given me a dark view of humanity - particularly of politicians and even more particularly of politicians in uniform.

Barbara thou shoulds't be with us at this hour.

markfromireland


Links to "Barbara Thou Shoulds't Be With Us At This Hour"

Create a Link