Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Particularly For The Sake Of The Children

"THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. You know, as we listen to our "National Anthem," it reminds us how blessed we are to live in a land where our boys and girls can grow up in a peaceful world. And on today, our hopes for peace for boys and girls everywhere extends across the world, especially in the Middle East. Today's actions in the Middle East remind us that the United States and friends and allies must work for a sustainable peace, particularly for the sake of children.

And so I want to welcome you here to the White House. What an honor to be with the Commissioner, Willie Mays. (Applause.) See, when I was growing up, I wanted to be the Willie Mays of my generation, but I couldn't hit a curve ball. So instead, I ended up being President."
President Bush's work for the sake of the children


For Immediate Release Office of the Press Secretary July 30, 2006
President Attends White House Tee Ball Game

markfromireland