Monday, November 06, 2006

Have ever justice and hypocrisy been so obscenely joined?

Now that I have a reliable internet connection I have been amusing myself reading the online newspapers in countries that have walking target practice subjects troops illegally occupying my country. The Australians, are among that number. They have a particularly fine record of bribing Sadam's officials, selling contaminated food to Iraq, shooting the bodyguards of Iraqi ministers and innocent civilians and then telling numerous lies about it. This article from the Australian Daily Telegraph amused me greatly.

Saddam verdict 'won't endanger troops'

By Sandra O'Malley

November 06, 2006 12:00

PRIME Minister John Howard is confident Australian troops in Iraq won't be at greater risk because of the death sentence brought down on former dictator Saddam Hussein.

............

Mr Howard doesn't believe the verdict means Australian troops in Iraq could be bigger targets.

"I don't believe that the verdict will have any particular impact on the safety or otherwise of Australian troops," he said to the Nine Network.

"I don't know what the general reaction will be, violence in Iraq will go on, but is at stake here is a principle and a style of government."

He is correct that there is a principle involved. But wrong about everything else. The principle involved is my right as a human being, as an Iraqi, not to have armies of foreign war criminals bomb shoot and loot their way into my home. The principle involved is my right as a human being, as an Iraqi, not to have armies of foreign war criminals exceed Saddam's governments crimes. The principle involved is the right of the Iraqi people to resist the foreign invaders. As to "Mr Howard doesn't believe the verdict means Australian troops in Iraq could be bigger targets." They don't need to be bigger targets. It would be better for them not to be targets at all. This is easily achievable. Leave my country now.

Ali